The Top Goalscorers In UCL Update
The Top Goalscorers In The UEFA Champions League Update
Cristiano Ronaldo netted five goals in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, reviving his chances of beating Lionel Messi to the competitions' Golden Boot – here is an update of the top marksmen in the UCL.
Tired of reading? Click through the gallery to see the best goalscorers in the UCL so far this season.
The Portuguese netted five of his side's six goals to eliminate Bayern Munich – more than double the number he had scored in the eight appearances before.
Ronaldo scored twice in the group stages, while drawing two blanks against Napoli in the Round of 16.
However, following his quintuple against the German giants, he is now within reach of Messi's total of 11 goals, with the Argentine unable to add any more.
The 32-year-old has at least two more games, potentially three if Real reach the final, to net another four goals and match Messi's record.
The other top goalscorers left in the competition, namely Karim Benzema, Antoine Griezmann, Radamel Falcao and teenage sensation Kylian Mbappe, all sit on five strikes each.
Here are the top 11 goalscorers in the UCL this season:
1) Lionel Messi (Barca) – 11 goals
2) Edinson Cavani (PSG) – 8 goals
3) Robert Lewandowski (Bayern) – 8 goals
4) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real) – 7 goals**
5) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (BVB) – 7 goals
6) Antoine Griezmann (Atletico) – 5 goals**
7) Karim Benzema (Real) – 5 goals**
8) Kylian Mbappe (Monaco) – 5 goals**
9) Radamel Falcao (Monaco) – 5 goals**
10) Dries Mertens (Napoli) – 5 goals
11) Sergio Aguero (Man City) – 5 goals
** Goalscorers who are still in the competition and can add to their current tallies.
Ronaldo and Messi have both been crowned the competition's top goalscorer four times, and shared the Golden Boot with Neymar in 2014/15.
Do you think Ronaldo can still reach Messi's tally of 11 goals? Have your say in the comments section below.